Gossips and Legends
As all places and worlds, the salvation does not make an exception to gossiping and legends of some sort. Being less aware of the magical influence of the world because of the plague, citizen of the plain are more prompt to gossiping when they experienced or hear about strange events happening. Here is a lists of the most common ones that almost everyone as heard at least once:General Gossips
- As far as everyone known, the Salvation plain is the only place that avoid or was not affected by the great poison when it spread. It is said that the high wizard that was living in one of ruined towers in the Hills of the tower sacrificed himself to save the area, and by his sacrifice the area was protected avoided by the poison.
- It is said that although no really big animals populate the plain, there is several undead creature roaming endlessly to seek vengeance upon the living because of the poison plague.
- It is said that stone shaped into bladed weapon coming from Razor peak is able to penetrate and ignore metals and stone.
- The Salvation Plain is believed to be a prison from forefathers sins. This would explain why no one that venture outside of Rock Wall is never seen again. Powerful guardians is rumored to patrol the mountains and the sea around the plain.
- The Great Sea is believed to have once been a great desert and was filled with water during the plague years.
- All known monsters have been corrupted by the plague, this is most very true for giants sea monsters that will most certainly attack any vessel that venture too far on the sea. This is also true for Rock Wall area where monsters will eat you alive if they capture you.
- Rock Wall is rumored to be very rich in minerals where metal can be mine. It is also common knowledge that several treasure lay hidden and forgotten since the years before the plague waiting to be claimed.
- Rock Wall is said to be a protecting wall of some sort. This wall as been of course created by Istus to protect and insure the furture faith of human kind. It is believed that going above the wall is dooming one self as no more protection will exist and the plague will kill any trespassers.
- Hills of the tower are rumored to be infested with ghost and very strong undead. No dares to venture there.
- Rumours about the location of the fable city of Greyhawk, once the jewel of the world is located just south-east of the Hills of the tower.
- Ul Bakak is said to predate the plague years, and maybe be even older, for sure not build by humans and all its population as died of the plague hence emptying the city and leaving it intact for plague survivors.
- Stone blocks is the main trade of Ul Bakak, but it is rumored that a far greater treasure exists in the mountains under the city. This is the main reason of the diging. Only high ranked officials are aware of this and keep it secret, even by killing.
- Years ago, a lone traveler coming north of Ul Bakak is said to have made its way there. Ul Bakak was the first settlement the traveler came across in years of wandering since the plague.
- The city of Forge town was not discovered but conquered. A group of human decided to attack the inhabitant of the caves in order to secure the metal and area for themselves.
- It is said that the mines in Forge town open to a vast complex of caves, this complex is so vast that some people have tried to explored them, never to be seen again.
- Strange noise can be heard and bizarre creatures live in the cave complex of Forge town; this is the reason why the town has the best and better equip militia around the Salvation plain.
- It is said that Forge town citizens are force to live underground as the creatures roaming outside in the hills are more dangerous that the ones that could be encountered in the mines.
- It is said that Hill town only exist because no one cares about what happens there. Even monster ignore the town as there is nothing worthy of their trouble.
- Rumors are that Hill town’s boat maker are building a ship that will be able to sustain long water voyage and could travel the sea.
- It is said that a wizard of the old time still live in this town.
- It is said that Blue Water was founded when the last of the great ships navigating the great sea crashed, resulting in the survivors to build a city from the ships wood.
- It is said that Blue Water inhabitants were never in contact with the plague, this explains the city size compare to other town.
- It is said that the old crazed men living in Blue Water was alive when the plague struck the whole world, which make him the oldest man living.