Death of a Character
There are two aspect of character’s death to consider. The first aspect is only one of the character dies and the rest of the party survives. In this situation, the player can create a new character with the same rules applied as the current campaign restrictions. This new character will have less XP than the remaining characters to show the difference in adventuring experience. The calculations of XP loss will the based on the “Death of a Familiar” rules that can be found on p.54 of the PHB.The second aspect characters death is the Total Party Kill. At the time the campaign start this aspect was secret, now that it happened once; players know that this triggers the use of their 2nd character. And will most likely trigger the use of any other 1st or 2nd characters. Simple rules will be use to update and make changes when a TPK happens:
- XP are attributed based on 50% gains on the deceased characters and pass to the next.
- Starting treasure will be based on deceased characters wealth level
- Players can change minor aspects of their characters based on the retraining rules found in chapter 8 of the PHB 2. Time is irrelevant but cost is.
- Players can change major aspect of their character based on the rebuilding rules with the following modifications: Race rebuilding is not allowed. Ability Score rebuilding has a cost of 100gp per point rebuilt. Class rebuilding cost 1500gp per level rebuilt.
- An XP cost is added that equated 10% of the gold pieces cost – round up for any rebuilding or retraining.
- A TPK rebuilding equate to one rebuilding quest.
Back to the wiki page Main Page.