3rd day of FireSeek 380 PY.
The challenge has been issued, the group stands its grounds against the last Queen of the giant bees and her three minions. As soon as they started flying, the combat changed dramatically, the advantage was now on the bee’s side. Soon a magical storm came, and two giant elementals where summoned. The challenge will be deadly. Soon the challenger of the Queen regency face more they could handle, Baltus is the first down, but Tyree is able to bring him back to life, a few seconds later it is Spak who fall under tons of dirt and sand never to be seen again, Assaï tried very hard to kill the earth elemental after him, but in the end the earth prevailed. The three left alive outside the cave-in of the bee’s nest where face with dire challenge, Baltus fell again facing the deadly arrows of the bee Queen minions, Tyree was not far behind. The last man standing, Selus did offer a longer challenge but in the end, alone against flying enemies was too much, he failed and as the other disappeared in the sands of time.
Goodmonth 18, 387 PY
A rich hall of light appears before your eyes. You recognized the pattern on the floor as the same on Ebar’s Token. The hourglass on the floor seems to be emptying drops of blood into a liquid much darker. The walls are of pure yellow-golden hue and there is thirteen doors are around the round room. In front of each door a ghostly form enters the room. It is obvious that each silhouette are only half complete, each of the silhouette completes another one. Only one of the ghostly forms does not appear to have a match and looks more solid. You recognized the shape as the being that called Ebar. He looks much younger, without a beard but, with the same ageless wisdom in his eyes and filled but with great sadness.
Greeting you to the hall of reincarnation, Ebar explain to you that you must now choose one of you two forms. The other will remain here for the next reincarnation if it happens. He also remind you that the pendant known as Ebar’s Token, will be hidden again and you will have to find it again to choose you reincarnation. He tells you, in a sad and low voice that he underestimated the power of this place and his own power. This is the last time he will be able to help you from this place. Soon he will pass away in the next world and won’t be around to control and direct the magic of this place and the tokens he created. He hopes that you will remember this and focus on your true mission. He will try to help you as much as he can once more in the living world… We will meet soon, again…
You know and feel inside yourself the choice must happen now. A few moments of hesitation later, you have chosen your reincarnation. The instant the choice is made the room vanish and you fall into forgetfulness…
5th day of Ready’Reet, 415 PY
Since the time you can remember, you know that the world you are living in is another form of hell. Everything you know is either war, death or total selfishness. The history of this once grand city, the city called Blue Water is more a tragedy than anything else. Sadness, frustration and sometimes starvation are the daily lot of many on the city. Unlike most of the other citizen, you kind know that you have a rendez-vous with a destiny.
As youth of the city, you had to spend time with some elders to listen to their wisdom, but the one that caught you up completely is Ebar the old. After listening to him, he invited you and five other kids quite often to speak, spend some time and retell you countless time the legend of the plague. After realizing the other kids were like you (all wearing the same birthmark), your destiny was confirmed. Ebar spent much time trying to explain and describe to you the grandeur of the cities in the past, the number of people living in it, the green world and many other things that you have great difficulties imagining.
Meeting with Ebar was more like a restful break in the daily survival in Blue Water. Several events have troubled the life on the plain in the last few years:
- The artist Hezek Bellen disappearance. Since he vanished, many have accused the King to have made him a scapegoat for his speech and opinion in giving to the poor and making sure all could be feed properly. But mainly it is his opinion that the leaders of the city if not the plain should be elected and not born into power. Many have search for his body without finding even the slightest trace or even a clues.
- Arkus Boreno as basically became the most powerful citizen of Blue Water. He has found riches and is using it to get more popular and have more power. Since the Hezek incident, he is more careful about his speech and action. He has become more a shadow and keeps to himself than before. The fear of behing removed might have to with his attitude change. But as always, Arkus manage to stay on top of events and is still well respected (or feared) by most in Blue Water and slowly outside of the city as well.
- The only allied city of Blue Water that remains is Ul-Bakak, but more and more the trades and relation are difficult and soon there will be no more. Ul-Bakak had requested several time the help of Blue Water’s army to deal with infestation of orcs without success. Several trade train never reached Ul-Bakak and many also never saw the wall of Blue Water from Ul-Bakak.
- Hill Town is utterly destroyed. Confirmation that a powerful necromancer has turned the city into undead over 15 years ago and lunched attacks on Blue Water made the life on the plain miserable. The problem has never been resolved and still exists. What is left of Hill town is unknown, but what is getting out of there is known: undead by the dozen. Since the fall of Hill Town the plain have seen an influx of undead of all sorts. This reminded everyone of the legend of the plague. And some openly call for mercy of the God Incabulos.
- Forge Town as utterly disappeared. No one in Blue Water has heard anything since the war of Hill Town over 15 years ago. Metal trade and everything that is made of metal is now overpriced in Blue Water (about 5 times the price). Metal is almost more valuable than gold and gems now. A few messengers and scouts have tried to reach Forge Town but none of them ever returned.
- Since the war, many have died and resources are getting low. Cult of Incabulos are now rumoured to exist. Recent disappearances of common folks tend to feed the rumor that Incabulos cults are sacrificing human to keep the plague away.
Many things happened and now are a reality of life. Blue Water was once a city of almost six thousands souls, now a mere three thousands survive. The fields outside the city once inhabited and cultivated are now just cultivated by day and left for themselves at night. The army of Blue Water has been reduced to a few handful of war veteran and some recruits barely able to man the two city gates. If an organized attack on the city was to come, it would fall within minutes without any hope of recovery. The city as become a sad place and the citizen has no hopes of a better future. Several families have left in hopes of finding something better, all of them have never been heard of again.
As youth of the city, growing in this dying world you have done many things to try to help. While doing so, you gained a good reputation and several political bodies of the city are offering you interesting avenues, all hoping you will accept their offer and bring hope to the city itself.
Here are some of the offers of the table for your group to consider:
- Arkus Boreno is offering employment with his group. He does not provide the details of any agreement but assures you that it is a fair deal. He wish to hire you for several reasons, one is to investigate a few sites he knows on the plain that could bring interesting profits.
- The army of Blue Water (or what’s left of it) offered you an interesting deal. As officer of the army your first missing would be to stop and reduce to nothingness the leaders of Hill Town, profit, reputation and land would be granted.
- The King of the plain, via an emissary is offering you employment, to find and resolve economic issues especially what is going on with Forge Town and re-establish the metal trade.
- Traders and herders guilds wish to hire your service for a secret mission. They are not telling any details but assure you that profit and high standing in the guilds will be yours if the mission is successful.
What is your choice? As a group your time as now come to prove yourself worthy of the destiny that is yours!
Reset number 8 start Tuesday July 26